With many courses now offering a new range of digital assessments that include audio recordings and podcasts – here are some quick tips on how to get the best out of your phone-
- Always do a dry run and test your equipment before recording any long sessions – nothing worse than recording a 10 minute take only to discover the sound was distorted or didn’t work
- Turn off all alerts – and easy step to miss and whilst you might not notice the vibrations when you are recording, it will be very noticeable when you are listening back to it
- Try to keep a stable distance from your recorder. This will help avoid your listening having to increased and decrease the volume.
- Keep the phone on a soft surface – a pad of paper for example – rather than directly on the hard table top otherwise your phone will record every minor movement!
- Always listen back to your recording before submitting your assignment! Make sure it can be heard easily.